View Profile MLScherbatov

362 Game Reviews

u need a skip dialogue button. its infuriating to accidentally enter the chat when trying to jump or move or w/e tefrokc. this game seems super cute but it gave me a bad first impression

frankly you need to tell us that we have to hold X in order to use the directional controls, and in general all of the controls besides movement and mining are bizarre. hold ctrl V and then press Z or X to load a game???? what difference does z or x there make????
i can understand if this is perfectly playable for you because you've made it, or it may not be too difficult to get a grasp of, but it just doesnt make any sense at all on the first impression so i think you at least need to explain the controls better in the description even if you dont edit the game significantly

CarsonKompon responds:

PICO-8 Only allows for 6 Buttons. Arrow Keys+Z+X. These keys can not be rebound unfortunately so I had to work within the limitations of the game's engine. CTRL+V is Paste, so that's just because you have to paste your save string into the game in order to Load. This is common within every game that requires you to load from a string. I made the most of what I could with the given controls :)

seems nice so far. i have to say though that um... the planet clearly has life even when first pictured. plants are alive lol

2 Art Reviews

amazing. i love that you've taken something like the silhouette of a tree which would easily be mistaken as a figure, and then torn away our feeling of security that it's just a tree by introducing such a perfectly tree shaped monster.

uh.... new LoL champion?