View Profile MLScherbatov

367 Game Reviews

frankly you need to tell us that we have to hold X in order to use the directional controls, and in general all of the controls besides movement and mining are bizarre. hold ctrl V and then press Z or X to load a game???? what difference does z or x there make????
i can understand if this is perfectly playable for you because you've made it, or it may not be too difficult to get a grasp of, but it just doesnt make any sense at all on the first impression so i think you at least need to explain the controls better in the description even if you dont edit the game significantly

CarsonKompon responds:

PICO-8 Only allows for 6 Buttons. Arrow Keys+Z+X. These keys can not be rebound unfortunately so I had to work within the limitations of the game's engine. CTRL+V is Paste, so that's just because you have to paste your save string into the game in order to Load. This is common within every game that requires you to load from a string. I made the most of what I could with the given controls :)

seems nice so far. i have to say though that um... the planet clearly has life even when first pictured. plants are alive lol

the sfx are extremely loud and harsh in the opening, like many times louder than the music.
it's not clear what the 2nd drop down option does if anything
movement is responsive, but every other key is not, especially when jumping from platforms. also i found that the game wouldnt allow me to save or enter doors until i had pressed the key several times in a row, and this is not due to lag as im playing on a brand new pc.
if the only use of the mouse is to change menu options, we should not have to use it in game to proceed through pop ups. it would be nice if you let us press any key to continue like most other games do
health bar and coin counter did not appear until the 2nd level.
since this is really not an RPG but a hop and bop platformer, it would be nice if you could change the label. this site is already sorely lacking in new RPGs to begin with, and although it's not half bad, i was disappointed to find this one miscategorized because i am looking for an rpg.
fyi i am just writing down bug notes so i hope this doesnt sound overly critical. seems like a pretty good game.

2 Art Reviews

amazing. i love that you've taken something like the silhouette of a tree which would easily be mistaken as a figure, and then torn away our feeling of security that it's just a tree by introducing such a perfectly tree shaped monster.

uh.... new LoL champion?